There are different ways you can use to access your Gmail on your iPad Mini. You can use the mobile browser Safari to access Gmail, you can open the Mail app on iPad Mini and setup the Gmail using IMAP. This guide will show you a better alternative, to setup your Gmail on iPad Mini as an Exchange Account.
Setup Gmail using Exchange ActiveSync on your iPad Mini is very convenient for you to sync your Google Calendar, Gmail Email and Contacts over Exchange. Google Sync offers some advantages over using IMAP on your device. Most importantly, it allows for content to be pushed to your phone within seconds after changes occur on the server. On the other hand, using Gmail Drafts from your device is not possible via Google Sync. You may refer to followings steps and guidelines to configure Gmail on Exchange on your iPad Mini .
Setup Gmail with Microsoft Exchange on iPad Mini
1. Launch the Settings app on iPad Mini.
2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account.
4. Tap Microsoft Exchange, ignore that giant Gmail button on the mail account screen and choose Exchange instead.
5. Enter your Google account (Gmail) information:
- * Email: Your Google email full address ( i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- * Domain: Optional, you can simply leave it blank
- * Username: Your Gmail address (email@example.com, input it again the second time)
- * Password: Your Gmail password
- * Description: Gmail
6. Tap Next.
When the Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
7. Tap Next
8. Select what you want to sync (Mail, Calendar, and Contacts). By default Calendar, Contacts, and Email should be ON.
9. Tap Save when you are done.
Gmail iPad Mini Important Notes:
1. To set up your Google email with Microsoft Exchange on iPhone, or iPod touch is quite similar.
2. If you set up an email account on a client using POP3, it will not reflect changes to email statuses with the server version. On the contrary Gmail set up with Exchange ActiveSync on iPad Mini reflects your changes across all devices, iPhone, iPad, etc .
3. Google allows full Exchange and Push Support for the iOS and other devices. If you want to make use of the gmail push feature on your iPad Mini, go to enable it from Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars >> Fetch New Data >> turn on Push from there.