iPad is great tool for just too many things, such as movies, music, games and ebooks. When you get a new iPad, you may want to move files and data from laptop to iPad. In this article, we will discuss how to transfer files from your computer to a iPad, like iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad mini, iPad Air. Sounds interesting? Please read on. If you are using an iPhone, check out this guide to transfer files from laptops to iPhone.
You may have trouble copying your files from computer to your ipad. You may get addictive to a flash drive when moving data from a computer. Get stuck with file transfer for iPad? There are different ways to copy documents between your laptop and new iPad. You can use iTunes app, the classic method, you can use a third party application for the data migration, you can even upload documents/files on your computer or laptop to a hosting then download directly onto your iPad. However most likely you may think about using emails to send files from a computer to your iPad.
All the above mentioned methods can actually work. They have their own advantages and disadvantages. It is difficult to tell which is the best. We will show you steps to Sync files from Laptop to new iPad with iTunes in this new iPad file management and transfer guide.
- Transfer Photos from Computer to iPad using iTunes and other great alternatives.
- How to Sync Video to iPad through iTunes?
- How to transfer Books to iPad through iTunes?
- Sync Ringtones to iPhone through iTunes
- Transfer photos PC to iPhone with or without iTunes
- How to transfer contacts from BlackBerry to iPhone?
How to Transfer Files from Laptop to iPad?
Step 1: Start iTunes app on your laptop.
Step 2: Plugin your iPad to your laptop with the USB data cable. Choose your iPad from the “Devices” list in the iTunes Library column on the left pane.
Step 3: Under the iPad section, you will see Music, Movies, TV Shows, Books, etc. Now if you want to transfer songs, videos, movies or apps, then select the respective tabs.
Step 4: Make sure that the checkbox on the top in the respective tab is selected. When all is set, go to tap the sync button from the bottom right of iTunes to apply and confirm the sync.
You can also choose to transfer individual or specific files under each library. This is useful when you have made small changes of the files and data and when you need only specific files.
In fact you can make use of the iTunes auto sync feature, so every time you connect your iPad to the computer, iTunes files will be sync from your laptop to your new iPad automatically. You can follow bellow steps.
1. Before you plug in your iPhone, iPad or iPod into the computer, go to iTunes.
2. On a Mac, go to the iTunes menu -> Preferences -> Devices.
3. On a PC, go to Edit -> Settings -> Devices, Click on the “Devices” tab
4. Tick off the box next to “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically”
5. Click “OK” to save the change of iTunes autosync and exit the setting.
This iTunes autosync feature is the simple and effective way to puts a copy of every song, podcast, and video in your iTunes library right onto your iPad.
If you like to disable the iTunes auto sync, repeat above step to check the box next to “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically”