iTunes does much more than just syncing your iPhone iPad or iPod touch. For instance, you can use iTunes to create free ringtones for iPhone. It also helps you transfer ringtones to iPhone. When you have music mp3 music tracks on your computer and want to burn the mp3 on to a CD so you can play them with a digital music player or CD player. You can actually use iTunes app on your computer to burn the mp3 CD for free.
How to Burn Your Own MP3 CDs with iTunes?
MP3 is a high-quality, Internet-standard encoding method. MP3 format is nowadays one of the most popular music format for transfer and playback of music on digital audio players. You can listen to the MP3 CDs created in iTunes on special consumer CD players or on your computers. You can follow bellow steps and tips to use iTunes to create a data CD with the music stored in MP3 format.
2. Run iTunes on your computer.
3. Create a new playlist and add your mp3 music into the playlist.
You can only burn a CD from the songs in a playlist. If you have music songs in different iTunes playlists, you will need to create a new list and add all the songs to this new playlist.
You can save over 12 hours of music, about 150 songs, on a 650 MB CD-R disc. If the playlist contains more songs than will fit on the CD, iTunes will only burn as many songs as will fit on the disc. If you go over the limit, iTunes will burn whatever will fit on the CD and then ask you to insert another disc for the rest, which is a bit of a waste. You can see the size of the selected playlist at the bottom of the iTunes window. If necessary, you may need to create more than one playlist and burn each one to a CD.
4. Choose iTunes > Preferences, then click the Burning button at the top of the window.
5. Choose MP3 CD as the Disc Format, then click OK.
6. Select the playlist you want to burn to the CD, then click the Burn Disc button.
7. Insert a blank CD-R disc and click Burn Disc again.
If you intend to just play the CD on your computer, you can also use a CD-RW disc. To play it on a digital music player or computer, please use a CD-R disc. Burning audio data to CD-RW is no good idea, it is not playable on many digital music players.
Music Audio CD Burning Tips
1. Not all music songs can be burned to the CD, Other formats other than MP3 may not be burned onto the CD.
2. Songs purchased from the iTunes Store cannot be burned to an MP3 format CD neither. Those music should be in AAC format. Fortunately, iTunes allows you to convert AAC songs to MP3 format first, after the conversion, you can then burn them to the MP3 CD disc. See Convert AAC to MP3 in iTunes here.