Cannot delete all contacts in Windows Live Mail? Many people may have this problem when they want to select multiple or all contacts and deleted them from Windows Live Mail on PC. If you can’t delete multiple contacts in Windows Live Mail or cannot delete all contacts in Windows Live Mail, you can try below solutions.
Related Window Live Mail Tutorials:
- Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to iPhone
- Delete multiple or all contacts from iPhone
- Transfer contacts from Windows Live Mail to mobile phones
Method 1. How do I delete all contacts in Windows Live Mail?
Normally you can follow below instructions to delete all contacts in Windows Live Mail.
- Run Windows Live Mail client on your PC.
- Switch from the Mail screen to the Contacts screen by press the hot key “Ctrl + 3” on your keyboard or click the Contacts at the bottom left corner.
- Press “Ctrl + A” shortcut to quickly select all contacts in Windows Live Mail.
- Click “Delete” button located on the Ribbon bar.
- You see the prompt message: These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services. Click OK to confirm the batch deletion of all contacts in Windows Live Mail.
If you can’t delete all contacts in Windows Live Mail following above steps, try below workarounds and fixes.
Method 2. Can’t delete all contacts in Windows Live Mail & Workaround
If you use the same Microsoft account in Skype or other Microsoft services, you may find other contacts being added to Windows Live Mail. These contacts are not actually in your address book, you can’t delete them from Windows Live Mail. If you select any of these contacts, or select multiple contacts with any of these contacts included, the Delete X on the ribbon will be grayed out. In this case, you can’t delete all contacts in Windows Live Mail. The solution is easy, just press Ctrl+A to select all contacts in Windows Live Mail, then press Ctrl and left click on those contacts to exclude them in the selection until you see the Delete X button is not grayed out on the ribbon. Then remove all select contacts from the address book in Windows Live Mail.
From the above screenshot, you can see there is a Social networks category on the left panel. Contacts in this category can’t be deleted from Windows Live Mail. Also you can find them in the All Contacts category. They are different from other regular contacts in Windows Live Mail, as you can’t see the Address book below them, see the not selected contacts with a black X symbol behind them. Also if you click one of those can’t be deleted contact in Windows Live Mail, you will also see they are different from normal email contacts. They might usually be associated with a network service.