Screen mirroring or casting helps Android users to watch their phone screen on a larger screen of computer or even HD TV. There are different ways to display your Android phone screen on a bigger screen. Many modern phone models come with the built-in casting capabilities, such as iPhone, Samsung, LG, Huawei, and so on. The procedures to mirror or cast screen from Android to computer or TV may differ slightly across different phones. Today, we will discuss how you can cast your Tecno mobile phone screen to TV with the native casting feature on Tecno device. Other than that, we will also suggest third-party casting apps for those who want to stream videos, movies, music and photos from Tecno mobile to TV in this article. Note that screen casting and content streaming are two different methods of displaying digital content on a screen. Screen casting is to mirror your Tecno phone screen to another device so you can use other device as the second screen for your mobile phone. When you screen cast, the content is being mirrored from one device to another in real-time. Content streaming is to select certain files & types, either local media files or online files, from your Tecno mobile, and display them only on other devices or screens.
- Note that your TV should come with Miracast support and the Tecno phone supports wireless display, otherwise you may need a third-party app. See more details below. Also you need to get your TV prepared for screen mirroring. For example, if you own a Samsung smart TV, press the Source button on the remote control, find and select Screen Mirroring, your TV displays a screen informing you that it is waiting for a device to be connected. Other smart TVs with Miracast/WiDi receiver should have similar settings.
- The wireless display over Miracast does not require an internet connection. But you need to connect both devices to the same Wi-fi network. That’s to say, it will work even your wireless router is not connected to the internet.
Enable wireless display on Tecno phone
Unlock your Tecno mobile. Head to Settings > Connected devices > Cast. Tap on the Menu (three dots) at the top right corner, you will find the Enable wireless display option, touch to enable it so your Tecno phone will search for nearby devices and wireless displays.
Your smart TV should be found on the list of compatible devices. Tap on your TV on the list. After a few seconds, your phone screen will be mirrored to your TV.
Enable, disable screen cast from Quick settings
Once you have turned on the wireless display option from the Settings of your Tecno mobile phone, you can quickly enable or disable screen mirroring from the Quick Settings.
Swipe from the top of your Tecno phone screen with two fingers to pull down the Quick Settings. You may need to swipe left to the next screen of the Quick Settings to find the Cast option there. Tap on it to turn it on and choose a device to cast your phone screen to.
Note that the Cast option can be removed or added to the Quick Settings menu just like other options. So when you can’t find the Cast option, tap on the Edit button above the Quick Settings to add it back.
Stream videos, music from Tecno phone to TV
Once you have enabled the Enable wireless display option from Settings on Tecno mobile, you can also choose not to cast screen from Tecno phone to TV, but just stream media files, such as movies, music songs from the mobile phone to TV.
Here’s how to stream YouTube videos from Tecno to TV:
- Connect your Tecno phone to the same Wi-Fi network as your smart TV.
- On your phone, open the YouTube app.
- Select the video that you want to watch and tap Cast icon in the video player.
- Choose the smart TV that you want to cast to and wait for it to connect. Once connected, the video will play on your TV.
Note that casting from youtube.com in a mobile browser is not currently supported and you should find the casting feature within many other video or music apps.
Play videos, music, photo slideshow from Tecno to TV using third-party apps
Some Android devices have built-in screen casting functionality, while others may require a third-party app. There are many apps available for Android that allow you to stream content to your TV over a Wi-Fi network. Some popular options include BubbleUPnP, XCast, Cast to TV and AllCast.
You can download XCast onto your Tecno phone below. It helps you instantly stream videos, music and photos to your Smart TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, etc. Make sure that your phone and streaming device is connected with the same Wi-Fi. We found its inbuilt browser is very useful as it allows us to cast video from web (Youtube, Vimeo, Buzzvideo, Google, Yahoo, IMDB, Twitch, Fox, -*Livestream, ESPN, etc.) to TV and other devices.