Have important data saved in PDF files but want to edit them using Excel? Don’t waste your time in manually reentering all the data from PDF into Excel wookbooks, it is tedious and time consuming. In an earlier guide, we demonstrated how you can convert PDF to Excel spreadsheets using a PDF editor software on Windows PC. This PDF converter also comes with a Mac version. This article describes in detail how to quickly convert PDF files to Excel worksheets on a Mac. The converting of PDF files to Excel is very easy. You open PDF file(s) in the PDF editor, then choose Excel spreadsheet (XLSX, XLS) as export format, optionally select any page(s) or page range to convert, then click Convert, your PDF documents will be automatically exported as Excel file into a selected location in your computer hard drive. Your data will be preserved along with your columns, layouts, and formatting. Check out details below.
How to convert PDF to Excel on Mac?
First of all, download the PDF converter for Mac before we use it to transform your PDF files to Excel spreadsheets below.
Install and launch the PDF editor on Mac, you can see its home screen like this.
Choose “Convert PDF” from the home screen of this PDF converter on Mac. You will open its PDF converting mode like below.
Steps to convert PDF to Excel on Mac
- Click Add Files button at the top left corner, then locate the PDF files on your Mac and import to the PDF converter;
- Click to expand the file formats selection menu from the top right corner, choose Excel (.XLSX) or Excel (.XLS) as the output format;
- Optionally select pages or page range that you like to convert for each added PDF file;
- Click Convert button at the bottom right corner;
- You will see a pop-up dialogue where you can choose a output folder on Mac, click Save button to export PDF as Excel workbooks.