Are you bothered by the annoying ads before each video you’d like to watch online? Ever wished you could save a video from the Internet? You can use Downie, an Internet video downloader for Mac which helps you easily download videos from thousands of different sites.
Downie Key Features
- Easy to use – You can drag the video link from your web browser to Downie icon on the dock or to its main interface, or copy page link address and paste it to Downie window to start downloading. Downie provides browser add-on for Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Chromium, Opera and almost any other web browsers you might have. With the browser add-on installed, you can quickly download a video on the web page.
- Supports many sites – currently supports over 1,000 different sites (including YouTube, Youku, Bilibili, Vimeo, etc.) and the number is rapidly growing. It supports the search and download from Soundcloud, TED, Vimeo, YouTube, etc. Youku, and Bilibili are two of the most popular video websites in China.
- 4K video YouTube support – unlike many other YouTube downloaders, Downie supports HD video on YouTube, up to 4K.
- Postprocessing – need your video in MP4 for iTunes? Or want just the audio track? No problem, Downie can download and convert the videos for you automatically!
- History Synchronization – synchronize Downie history over iCloud between your devices.
- Quick support – The developer respond to emails usually within 24 hours and often add support for requested sites in the next update.
- Frequent updates – Don‘t wait weeks for new sites to be supported, or bugs to be fixed! Downie is updated about once a week with new features, sites supported, etc.
- International – not only that Downie supports country-specific sites, it is localized into various languages. If your language is missing, contact us – we can offer you a free license in exchange for a translation.
- Automatic optimized video quality selection – It allows users to choose video quality before downloading or you can let the download automatically choose the optimized video quality based on your internet connection and speed.
- Post-process with Permute – Downie seamlessly integrates with Permute media converter. To convert the video you’ve just downloaded to a different format or stitch parts of it into one file just send it to Permute and pick it up in that app.
Buy this premium video downloader for Mac from its official website here.
- UniConverter for Mac: Your all-in-one video toolkit for Mac. UniConverter is not only a video converter but also, video downloader, video editor, screen recorder, DVD creator, DVD ripper and more.
- AllMyTube Video Downloader: free download videos from YouTube, Vemio, Dailymotion, and also another 1000+ video sharing sites for offline access or playback.