Need some help figuring out how to find out where you have just downloaded files to on your Mac OS X computer? Many new Mac users have the trouble to find out the download folder on the hard disk, they know how to download files, such as photos, videos, PDF file, from internet to their Mac computer via the Safari browser. However after the downloading, they can not find the downloaded files. If you have this trouble, please read on.
Find Downloaded Files on Mac
If you download images or videos online through the Safari browser on Mac, Safari browser will save all downloaded files to the Downloads folder that appears in your Dock. How to locate the Downloads folder on an Apple computer running Mac OS X? It is simple. If you are on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or above, from the top menu, click Window >> Downloads. You can also press Option+Command+L on keyboard to quickly access it.
Change the Default Download Folder on Mac
If you like to modify the location where to save your downloaded files on Mac, you can follow the step by step instructions below.
- 1. Start the default Safari browser on Mac
- 2. Click on Safari from the left of the top menu bar
- 3. Choose Preferences… from the menu.
- 4. Choose the General tab.
- 5. Now you should see a Save downloaded files to box, you can alter the default Mac download folder to a new one from there. The next time, you save a photo from Safari, it will be saved to the new download folder on Mac.
Have you ever deleted important files by mistake on Mac and can’t find it in trash bin? You can follow these steps to get back deleted files from emptied trash bin on Mac.