HandBrake is a free, cross-platform video transcoder to convert video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs. It comes with different versions for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Built-in Device Presets
Quickly choose a profile optimized for your device, or choose a universal profile for standard or high quality conversions. Skilled users can easily tweak many basic and advanced options.
Supported Input Sources:
Handbrake can process most common multimedia files and any DVD or BluRay sources that do not contain any kind of copy protection.
- File Containers: .MP4(.M4V), .MKV and WebM
- Video Encoders: H.264 and H.265 (Including hardware acceleration support), MPEG-4 and MPEG-2, VP8, VP9 and Theora
- Audio Encoders: AAC / HE-AAC, MP3, FLAC, AC3, E-AC3, Opus and Vorbis
- Audio Pass-thru: AC-3, E-AC3, FLAC, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD, AAC, MP3 and MP2 tracks
Even more features
- Title / chapter and range selection
- Batch Scan and Queueing of encodes
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR and CFR
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Denoise, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Colourspace, Cropping and scaling
- Live Static and Video Preview
Format Factory: an ad-supported free multi-functional media processing tool for Windows.It can convert videos, audios, images, documents, rip DVDs, rip CDs, create ISO image files, rename files and even more.