iThoughtsX is a mindmapping tool for the Mac (iOS and Windows versions also available.) Mindmapping enables you to visually organise your thoughts, ideas and information.
- Task lists.
- Project planning.
- Goal setting.
- Course Notes/Revision.
- Meeting Notes.
Import and export to and from many of the most popular desktop application formats:
- OPML (OmniOutliner, Scrivener etc.)
- Excel/Numbers/Outlook/ToodleDo (CSV)
- Plain/rich text
- …plus import only support for CMAP, Scapple, Mindmeister, Mindnode, Mindmapper, SimpleMind and MyThoughts
- MS Powerpoint/Keynote (PPTX)
- MS Word/Pages (DOCX)
- MS Project (XML)
- Website (HTML + attachments)
- Flashcard (Quizlet.com / Cram.com)
- Things (Task Management App)
- iCloud Calendar/Reminders
- Cloud synchronisation with iCloud, Dropbox and WebDAV
- Handoff (start editing a map on one device – finish up on another)
- Send and open email attachements
- Cut/Copy/Paste within and between maps and other apps (e.g. Mail, Safari and Notes etc.)
- Upload and download community generated maps from Biggerplate
Flexible Topic Attributes:
- Colour / Shape
- Images / Icons
- Rich text (using Markdown)
- Hyperlinks (websites, other maps, other topics)
- Callouts / Floating topics
- Named relationships between topics
- Style support (predefined collections of colors, fonts, shapes etc.)
- Assign start/due date, effort, progress, priority and resources
- Email task reports (by project, by resource)
Advanced Mindmap Features:
- Multiple layouts (horizontal, vertical, fishbone etc.)
- Multiple link styles (curved, tapered, right angled etc.)
- Embedded documents (PDF, XLS, DOC etc)
- Over 100 builtin icons and 90 clipart images.
- Over 30 background canvas patterns (with option to import more.)
- 10 system ‘Map Styles’ (with option to import more.)
- Rules based filtering engine.
- Presentation mode.
- Rule based sorting – including option to sort continuously
- Encrypted, password protected maps.
- Outline View
- Search (map names, topics, notes, links) across all maps.
First class macOS integration:
- Retina support
- Versions support
- Fullscreen support
- Spotlight integration
- Quicklook support
- Pinch to zoom
- Dark Mode support
Download & Availability
- It is available for Windows, Mac, iPad and iPhone.
- Buy its Mac version on Mac App Store here.
- Buy its iOS version on Apple App Store here.