Are you looking for a free app to record your screen and export the recording as an animated GIF with very little effort? You should give a try to LICEcap, a simple, free animated GIF screen capture for both Windows and Mac.
- Record directly to .GIF or .LCF.
- Move the screen capture frame while recording.
- Pause and restart recording, with optional inserted text messages.
- Global hotkey (shift+space) to toggle pausing while recording
- Adjustable maximum recording framerate, to allow throttling CPU usage.
- Basic title frame, with or without text.
- Record mouse button presses.
- Display elapsed time in the recording.
How to use?
Simply launch the tool on your Mac, you will see the recording window. Drag the recording window over the area, app or window you want to record. Resize the recorder and/or the other app or window to get the right size you want. FPS is set to 8 by default. Choose a different frame rate if need. Hit the Record button to open another dialog where you can set GIF file name, location and some additional options, such as display mouse, show elapsed time, GIF repeat count, automatic stop of the recording, etc.
During the recording process, you can pause and resume the recording anytime you like. When you are ready to finish, click the Stop button, your GIF will be automatically saved to the selected destination folder.