Every time you move a content from one app to the other, compare data side by side or multitask in any other way, you need all the windows arranged accordingly. Magnet makes this process clean and simple. Magnet is a windows manager for Mac to keep your workspace organized. It declutters your Mac screen by snapping windows into organized tiles.
In one drag to the edge, you size a window into half of your screen. And by dragging windows to the corners, you snap them into quarters. Slide them to the bottom edge of your display to create thirds. Do the same on your ultra-wide monitor and arrange windows into sixths. Taking advantage of such arrangements eliminates app switching and greatly enhances workspace efficiency.
Magnet supports keyboard shortcuts as well, for every command it has to offer. There is that little icon sitting in the Menu Bar where you can find a predefined set or create yours.
- Left/Right/Top/Bottom Halves of the screen supported
- Left/Center/Right Thirds of the screen supported
- Left Two Thirds & Right Two Thirds of the screen supported
- Any Sixth-combination supported on ultra-wide screens
- Fullscreen & all four Quarters of the screen supported
- Activated by dragging (optional)
- Activated by keyboard shortcuts (customizable)
- Operated via Menu Bar icon
- Runs both on Retina and regular displays
- Up to six external displays supported
- Vertical screens supported
- Built to run on all macOS versions since 10.9 Mavericks
- macOS 10.14 Mojave optimized
How to use Magnet to manage windows on Mac?
- You can drag windows to the sides and corners of your display to resize them and make them fullscreen, halves, quarters & thirds.
- If dragging doesn’t float your boat, you can use Magnet’s menu bar icon to choose a size and location for your current window. There is also a restore option that returns your window to its size and location before you used Magnet to resize and move it.
- You can use keyboard shortcuts to resize and relocate windows. Magnet comes with a default set of keyboard shortcuts, but you can reassign them in Preferences, accessible from the menu bar icon.
Why is my window not resizing?
Magnet can not do anything with non-standard windows used by some developers. Certain apps require a minimal width of their window. In some cases the width can exceed half of your screen, particularly on small screens like Macbooks’.
Download & buy
Buy Magnet on Mac App Store here.
Spectacle app for Mac: an open-source windows manager for MAC which helps users easily organize windows without using a mouse.