vCard is a file format standard for electronic business cards. vCard files are usually in .vcf or .vcard file formats. They can contain name and address information, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, URLs, and so on. vCards are often very light, easy to be attached to e-mail messages, sent via instant messaging. For example, you can refer to this guide to import vCard contact files to iPhone. If you have saved multiple vCard files, how can you combine multiple vCard files nto one file for easier management, transfer and share? Check out the easy solution below. In this guide, you will learn how to merge several VCF files into one on a Windows computer. No software needed. Mac OS users should refer to this tutorial to combine vCard files on Mac.
How to merge multiple VCF files on computer?
You will need to enter the Command Prompt in Windows to execute a command and combine all VCF files together into one. See details below.
- Step 1. Create a folder on your computer hard drive, then put all VCF files you need to merge into this folder. In this demo, we will create a “contacts” folder on hard drive D and put two vcf files into this folder.
- Step 2. Press the Windows logo key and the R key together so you will open the Run dialogue on Windows PC. Or you can right click on the Start button then select Run if you are on Windows 10.
- Step 3. Type “cmd” in the Run dialogue, click OK button to launch the Command line, Command Prompt or MS-DOS interface.
- Step 4. Change directory in DOS command to navigate to the folder where multiple vCard files or VCF files are store on your computer. In this example, it is “D:\contacts”. You can use the cd “d:\contacts” to change to the VCF files folder in Command Prompt. If you are using Windows 10, you can directly access command prompt in Windows Explorer with your current folder opened. By doing so, you can quickly open command prompt from Windows Explorer in Windows 10. This feature can be found in Windows 8 as well. It is known as the Open Command Prompt Window here.
- Step 5. Enter command copy /a *.vcf mergedfile.vcf in MS-DOS command and press Enter key to execute. All VCF or vCard files should be merged into a file vCard or VCF file.