I received MOV files on my HTC mobile, but I cannot play them. Does anybody know if there is any way to play MOV video files on HTC phone?
MOV is also known as Apple QuickTime movie. It is developed by Apple and widely used on Apple devices, like Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc. Windows OS supports the MOV. Some mobile phones, Android devices, however may not support MOV videos, especially the new HEVC (h.265) videos introduced in iOS 11. Many HTC Android phones can normally play videos in .3gp, .mp4, .avi, .mkv formats. If you want to play MOV videos or MOV videos encoded with HEVC codec on HTC phone, you need a video converter to transcode the videos first. For example, you can follow this guide to convert MOV to MP4 format which is compatible with HTC devices.
There are mainly 4 steps to convert MOV videos using the above media editor software:
- Add videos to the editor;
- Choose output video format;
- Optionally edit video settings;
- Convert videos from MOV to other format.
Once finished converting, you can find the generated MP4 videos from the output folder of the video converter software. You can then transfer them from PC or Mac to your HTC phone via USB or wirelessly over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. You can also choose to stream videos from computer to HTC phone without even the need to transfer them over.
Media converting and playing bonus tips for HTC users
- If you have trouble playing WMV, OGV, M4V, XVID, ASF, DV, VOB, WebM, or else on HTC phone, you can also use the video editor to convert them first. See this guide to convert videos to HTC phone.
- The above media editor cannot only edit and convert videos and movies, but also audio and music files. For example, it can convert iPhone voice memo to MP3. HTC mobile phones normally support the playback of these audio files and formats, .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .flac. So if you can’t play an audio or music on HTC phone, use the media editor to convert the audios from their source format to one of the formats as mentioned above.
- Except converting video formats, you may also download and use a third party video or movie player which is compatible with MOV files on to your HTC mobile phone. This can also help you play MOV videos on HTC mobile phone.
Update 2018: iPhones with iOS 11 now support HEVC video codec. In this update, we included the HEVC (h.265) video converting to reflect the new feature of iOS 11.