Retrobatch is a flexible, super charged, batch image processor for Mac.
A node based batch image processor means you can mix, match, and combine different operations together to make the perfect workflow. A node for every operation, from changing DPI to rotation to Machine Learning to custom behaviors with AppleScript. Optimize your images for fast delivery over the Internet. Process one image or thousands of images, with support for reading and writing common file formats, creating multiple inputs and multiple outputs.
Edit, Add, and Wipe Metadata
- Remove location data such as GPS coordinates.
- Add copyright tags, author information, and more to your images.
- Remove all metadata tags prior to uploading images to social media sites.
- Filter out images based on image dimensions, megapixels, file format, or other criteria.
- Add EXIF, IPTC, and XMP metadata.
- Do all this, without changing and recompressing image data, keeping image fidelity 100% intact.
Resize, Crop, Trim, and Rotate
- Trim all transparency from the edges of images.
- Rotate images by any amount.
- Crop images by a fixed amount, percentage of width or height, anchored to edges, or by aspect ratio.
- Scale your images and write out optimized @2x versions of your images next to @1x versions.
- Retrobatch is great for quickly preparing images for web and app development.
Convert Color Profiles, Formats, and More
- Convert PSD files to HEIC, JPEG, PDF, PNG, or TIFF.
- Rewrite HEIC images to JPEG and other formats.
- Edit, assign, or strip color profiles from your images.
- Assign Display P3 profiles to images, and write the images with a _dp3 suffix.
- Convert images to or from CMYK, sRGB, Display P3, or Grayscale.
- Brute force crush PNG files, or create indexed 8 bit PNG images.
- Split and separate multipage and multilayer images into single images.
Text and Image Watermarks
- Use Retrobatch to watermark your images in a variety of ways.
- Create custom text, select an image from file, or do both!
- Adjust watermark transparency, blending mode, and placement.
- Use metadata tags to watermark, including image capture date, file name, author, and many more.
Photo Effects, Filters, and Blurs
- Add borders and drop shadows to your images.
- Apply filters such as Grayscale, Chrome, Fade, Instant, Mono, Noir, Process, Sepia, Tonal, and Transfer.
- Add gaussian or box blurs.
- Remove noise from photos, or use sharpen filters.
- Use the matte node to remove transparency from images.
- Invert color negatives or create color negatives.
Machine Learning to Classify and Sort
- Use rules to remove images from your workflow based on attributes such as color profile, file format, size, and orientation.
- Take advantage of machine learning to classify your image for processing.
- Download new domain specific models for precise classifications.
- Is it a hotdog or not? Use a Retrobatch template workflow to start sorting your images by hotdog.
- Use AppleScript nodes to sort or perform actions on images.
- Write custom shell scripts to further process images.
- Combine Folder Actions with Retrobatch to automatically process images when added to a folder.
- Write scripts to extract or alter meta-data.
- Use Core Image and Cocoa APIs to draw custom watermarks or borders on your images.
- *Available in beta for Retrobatch Pro only.
Screenshots, Symlinks, Clipboard and More
- Create a workflow to capture all the open windows on your Mac, and write them out as individual PNGs, or a multilayered PSD.
- Export all your Selfies from Photos, resize, and apply filters.
- Split out images from animated GIFs, PNGs, multipage TIFF files, PDF pages, and ICNS files into individual images.
- Read an image from the clipboard, apply a drop shadow, and write it right back to the clipboard to paste into another app.
- Read an image from the clipboard, add a watermark, and write it out to a folder to upload to an online service.
Download & buy
Download the free trial or purchase its pro version from its official site here.