Send to Kindle is the official app from Amazon which helps you easily send your books, personal documents to your Kindle from your PC or Mac.
Send to Kindle Features
- Send personal documents to your Kindle from your PC or Mac.
- Transfer many files at once.
- Lets you select several Kindle devices or apps, as well as archive the documents in your Kindle cloud library.
- Send once, read everywhere; You can download those books, personal documents from from any Kindle device or using the free reading app on your iOS or Android device.
- From Windows Explorer, simply right click on one or more documents and choose Send to Kindle; From Finder, simply control-click on one or more documents and choose Send to Kindle.
- From any Windows or Mac application that can print, select Print and choose Send to Kindle.
- Drag and drop one or more documents onto the Send to Kindle application, or to Send to Kindle icon in your Dock or launch the application and drag and drop one or more documents on to it.
Send to Kindle supported file types
- Microsoft Word (.DOC, .DOCX)
- PDF (.PDF)
- Images (.JPG, .JPEG, .GIF, .PNG, .BMP)
Kindle Format (.AZW, .MOBI)–not supported any more!!
- Other File Types (.RTF, .HTML, .HTM)
System Requirements for Windows
- A PC with a 500MHz Intel or AMD processor or faster
- At least 128MB of RAM
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 10
System Requirements for Mac
- A Mac with a 500 MHz Intel processor or faster
- At least 512MB of RAM
- Mac OS X 10.11 or later
Download Send to Kindle
Download this free app from Amazon website here for Windows version, and this link for Mac.
This solution lets add multiple documents to your Kindle account, but you won’t be able to send those large files which exceed the 50MB limit. That’s to say you can only send files no bigger than 50 MB. In this case, you can transfer books, documents, files from computer to Kindle via USB.