Total Recorder is a multi-purpose audio recording software program for Windows with a wide variety of editing and sound processing capabilities. It includes a VoIP recorder and streaming audio recorder. Other than its exceptional recording capabilities, it also comes with audio converting and processing functions.
Standard Edition Features
- Support for compressed and uncompressed RIFF-WAV, MP3, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, APE formats. Additionally, under Windows 7 and above, AAC Audio within MOV (for playback only), MPEG-4, and 3GP containers is supported.
- Record streaming audio or local audio files reproduced by other programs, such as Windows Media Player, iTunes, etc., without using special lines of your sound board and without a loss of quality due to redundant conversions from digital to analog to digital.
- Record VoIP (Voice over IP) calls or Internet-telephony conversations when using programs like Skype, Google Talk, Yahoo voice, MSN, etc. Both parties can be recorded in a VoIP conversation.
- Record any sound passing through any line of your sound card. For example, you can record sound being played back by an external program, or sound from a microphone, an external LP, cassette, CD/DVD player, AM/FM/Satellite radio, etc.
- Record directly in any supported sound format. PCM, MP3, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, APE and any format provided by a system codec are supported.
- Convert files between any of the supported audio formats.
- Create and edit file tags.
- Normalize audio recordings to adjust the level of sound. Normalization of MP3 files is performed without re-encoding or any loss of quality.
- Schedule playbacks or recordings.
- Export/import configuration settings and scheduled jobs.
- Recording Wizard to save your configurations for the quick use in the future.
- Playlists feature.
More features within Professional edition
- High-quality audio formats (upper formats with more than 16 bits per sample or a sample rate of more than 48kHz)
- Analog recording via sound card with an ability to listen to audio being captured
- Direct capturing (background recording) of an Internet audio stream
- Time shift feature for the playback of recorded data during a recording
- Pause reduction feature
- Mixed recording from both software and a sound board
- While recording, split the audio based on various criteria (i.e. size, time, pause in sound, changed clip info, and manually)
- Use captured clip information to tag a file being recorded
- Create files with names based on file name generation rules
- Cut, copy, paste, and delete selected fragments
- Insert a file into an existing file
- Apply fade-In/fade-out effects to a sound file
- Insert a portion of silence into an audio file Mix an audio file with another audio file or the clipboard
- Save stereo file as mono with channel mixing
- Schedule direct capturing (background recording) of an Internet audio stream
- Automatically launch an Internet transmission or an arbitrary program based on a schedule
- Put a computer in standby or hibernate mode after job is completed
- Perform post-processing of a recorded file
- Support standard cue files
- Add/edit/delete cue points (bookmarks)
- Split a file based on cue points
- Add a file, playlist, or URL to your Favorites
- Export/import favorites for backup purposes
- Use predefined sample links
- Maintain a history of opened files and links
- Digital Mixer Add-on
- Send to iTunes/iPod Add-on
- Streaming Add-on
- Process multiple files at one time (for example, to change the format, the audio speed in files, normalize, apply an add-on, split, etc.)
- Send Recorded files to iTunes/iPod
- Process recorded files through a command line
- Run a command line after recording session is complete
- Sound image display that shows a graphic representation of sound data
- Playback an audio file at a slower or faster speed
A sound card, and a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
Download & purchase
You can download and try an evaluation version or purchase a license from this link