If you’re uploading PDF documents online or send them to others, you may want to protect your rights by watermarking them. Adding a text, word(s) or logo to your PDF so you can prevent others from trying to copy content from your PDF files. PDF Element is a PDF editor and converter for both Windows and Mac users. In this quick guide, we will illustrate how to use it to watermark PDF files on PC and Mac.
Make copies of your PDF files (Recommended)
If you do not want to place a watermark on the original and only copy of your document, duplicate the PDF file, and then place the watermark on the copies only.
Creating a watermark (Optional)
The PDF editor support both text or image watermark. You can use a text string or image logo as the watermark for your PDF files.It support image watermarks in bmp, jpg, jpeg, png format.
Add watermark to PDF file
Run this PDF program on your computer. Open the PDF you want to protect from File Explorer to the PDF software if you are using a Windows PC, or from Finder to the PDF app if you are on Mac. We will use its Windows version on a Windows 10 PC, you will see some difference if you are on Mac. Once the PDF file was imported to the editor. Click Edit > Watermark > New Watermark.
After that you will open another window with options you can customize your watermarks on the PDF file.
- Saved Settings: you can save your watermark settings so you can quickly apply them to more PDF files in the future.
- Source: Choose between Text and File. You can add image or logo as watermark from the File tab.
- Text: Type in the text you want to display above the PDF pages.
- Style: choose font
- Properties: font size, color, bold, underline, italic
- Position & Place: where the watermark to be placed on PDF pages. Quickly select a position, then fine-tune the values in Place column.
- Advanced Settings: Click ” Advanced Settings ” at the bottom left for greater customization, such as rotation, opacity, scale, page range, etc.
Click Save Settings button at the top right corner to save the watermark settings so you can use it again in the future.
Batch Watermark PDF Files
From the home page of PDF Element, click Batch Process to open a new window, then choose Watermark from the left panel. You can then start adding watermark to two or more PDF files at the same time.