FTP server comes as a system tool on recent Xiaomi and Redmi mobile phones. You can now use FTP Server on Xiaomi or Redmi phones to transfer files to your computer without using USB cable or upload files from computer to mobile phone without using USB cable. The FTP server feature is disabled by default. If you like to transfer files from or to Xiaomi or Redmi phones, you need to enable it on the phone at first. Check out following guide for the detailed instructions to start FTP server on Xiaomi & Redmi phones.
When the FTP server is activated, you need to use a FTP client on PC or Mac to establish the connection between your computer and FTP server on the mobile phone. There are many FTP clients you can choose. Our favorite FTP client is the free FileZilla. Check out how to connect to FTP server on Xiaomi or Redmi phone and transfer files between Xiaomi & Redmi and computer using FileZilla FTP client below.
Connect to Xiaomi & Redmi FTP server and transfer files using FileZilla
Go to download FileZilla from this link. It is a cross-platform FTP client comes with many different version for various OS, including Windows PC, Mac OSX, Linux. We will be using FileZilla on a PC in this demo. Run Filezilla on your computer.
Connect Xiaomi & Redmi FTP server in Filezilla:
Host: input your Xiaomi & Redmi FTP server address;
- Go to FTP server settings on Xiaomi or Redmi phone, you can enable anonymous login from there;
- The default FTP port on Xiaomi or Redmi phone is 2121, you can also change it from FTP server settings above;
- FileZilla is able to connect to server through different protocols, check out this guide to connect to server via secure FTP using FileZilla.
Upload files from computer to Xiaomi or Redmi through FTP
- browse to the folder where the files you want to upload is saved in the Local Site box;
- browse to the folder where you want to upload the files to in the Remote Site box;
- Right click on the file in the Local Site you will get a pop-up menu, choose Upload to upload files from computer to Xiaomi or Redmi phone.
Download files from Xiaomi or Redmi to computer through FTP
- browse to the folder where the files you want to download are saved in the Remote Site box;
- browse to the folder where you want to download or save files to in the Local Site box;
- Right click on the file in the Remote Site you will get a pop-up menu, choose Download to save files from Xiaomi or Redmi phone to your PC or Mac.
Except FTP transfer, you can also enable Bluetooth on the phone and transfer photos, videos and more between Xiaomi Redmi and PC through Bluetooth.