LG is the biggest winner of CES 2015. It wins 41 awards at CES this year. LG is also the 4K ultra HD TV partner of CES 2015. Many audiences were impressed by its latest 4K OLED TVs with revolutionary advance in both color and clarity. In an earlier guide we discussed that how you can convert 4K videos for playback on LG 4K TVs. Today, we will talk about its video calling feature. If you have a Skype ready LG smart TV, you can make video calls with Skype from your LG TV. It is great experience to be connected to friends, family or business partners on the big HD TV screen.
What you must have to make Skype calls on LG TV?
- Internet connection
- Skype account. Go to create a new one if you do not have, it is free to sign up an Skype account.
- Skype ready LG smart TV
- Smart TV camera. If your Smart TV is not equipped with a camera, you have to buy and install an LG video call camera.
Easy Steps to Make Skype Video Calls on LG TV
- Connect the TV to a network.
- Prepare the Smart TV camera for use.
- Press Home button on the Magic remote control, select PREMIUM, then Skype.
- Sign in to your Skype account with your Skype username and its password. You should see a screenshot like below.
Tips: 1). your Skype account; 2). call and settings tabs; 3). your Skype contacts; 4). control buttons.
- The Contacts tab opens by default. Select the contact you like to call, then choose the video call option to make Skype video call on LG TV.
You can also call phone numbers from the Skype on your LG TV, but you have to purchase Skype credit first, just like you make phone calls using Skype on PC or smartphones. If you are using an iOS device, you can refer to this guide to make free video calls on iPhone iPad using Skype.
Update Apr 2019: removed amzn.